PW is the web's leading resource for everything about open APIs and mashups. Learn more: take a tour »
A variety of XML-based data about packages and shipments. These APIs can be used to integrate UPS functionality into applications and business systems. Besides tracking packages you can track signatures, do address validation, and estimate international duties and taxes. The UPS Developer Kit contains the following APIs
* Address Validation API: Verify the city, state, and ZIP or postal code information is valid.
* Address Validation Street Level API: Verify the street address, city, state, and ZIP or postal code information is valid.
* Locator API: Search for UPS shipping locations based on type (drop box, UPS Store, customer counter, etc.) and services offered at that location (office supplies, packaging, etc.).
* Pickup API: Request a pickup for you or for one of your customers.
* Quantum View API: Stream visibility data over the web into internal applications from your Quantum View Data subscription.
* Rating API: Compare delivery services and shipping rates to determine the best option to meet your customers' needs.
* Shipping API: Print UPS labels from your internal business systems.
* Tracking API: Obtain accurate package status information for your shipments.
* Time in Transit API: Compare shipping transit times of UPS services.
* UPS Signature Tracking API: Obtain proof of delivery information, which contains a digitized signature and full delivery address.
* UPS TradeAbility API: Prepare and manage international shipments with the following capabilities; Denied Party Screener, Landed Cost, Export License Detector, and Import Compliance.
Click the "Track this API" button on any profile page and never miss an API update, new app, or breaking news for that API again.
There is a lot more to using the UPS API's than writing the code. Knowing which one's to use is important.
UPS just made it easier to get API documentaion. Google "UPS Developer Center or goto http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/techsupport/developercenter.html