PW is the web's leading resource for everything about open APIs and mashups. Learn more: take a tour »
YP, or Yellow Pages, is owned by AT&T's and provides listings, coupons and reviews about millions of businesses in the United States. The Yellow Pages API gives developers access to many of these features.
* Search business listings--search by keywords and location (a zip code, city, address or latitude/longitude).
* Retrieve details of a business--individual business data, including address, telephone numbers, as well as metadata like when the business started and its neighborhood. Also, if a business has an active deal, its coupons will also be listed.
* Business reviews--retrieve ratings and textual reviews of a business.
* Access coupons directly--find YP customers with deals.
* Static Maps--retrieve URLs for a map showing a specific point, or a business listing map showing a specific business. Also includes business details.
Click the "Track this API" button on any profile page and never miss an API update, new app, or breaking news for that API again.
There are no source code libraries or how-to links for US Yellow Pages. If you know one why not add it?
the yellow pages api is very unstable!