PW Forum / Super responsive ajax mashup page - how do I structure it?

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-03 01:38:28

dannster

Super responsive ajax mashup page - how do I structure it?

I have built a mashup style page that has all sorts going on in it using the following technologies. Ajax / jQuery / ASP.NET  WebServices.

I wanted the page to be super responsive so that all activity happens in the same page so instead of any pages posting back I have got panels sliding in and out and tabbed panels etc.

When I click certain buttons it kicks off a load of ajax calls which then return data back to the page from various sources based on user input.

The worry I have got at the moment is - how do I organise this code? It is getting out of hand at the moment and I find it hard to separate the functionality of different panels because there is a lot of crossover functionality which needs to trigger actions on other panels.

OK I can split my jQuery code off into a separate file but It isn't easy to manage and the code is getting quite large. Also my code will be visible to others and they could just nick it couldn't they?

What is the best approach to organise  a mashup application's code using Ajax and jQuery on an ASP.NET web site?

Board footer