PW Forum / Shopping.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-29 23:01:28

Adam Loving

Shopping.com

A quick google search revealed some API documentation here: https://partners.shopping.com/ResourceC … =Soverview

#2 2006-10-24 08:23:42

jmusser
Administrator
Website

Re: Shopping.com

Thanks Adam. Although that page requires an account to login which makes it less useful for general readership. I have submitted a request for API access, which is pending.

John

#3 2006-12-21 06:37:12

Laurent Gibb

Hello,

Laurent Gibb from the Shopping.com UK Partner Programme.

A programme overview with information about the Shopping.com API and ShopAds is available here - https://partners.shopping.com/app

For more info or to apply to the programme feel free to contact me at partnersuk@shopping.com

Thanks,

Laurent

#4 2007-03-19 13:53:27

Stranger

Hello.
I tryed to find out how can I get list of all products categories on shopping.com, but I failed. May be someone knows how to get list of all categories on shopping.com using their api?

#5 2007-06-17 01:39:39

Joomla- Guru

We developed a new component and modules set for powerfull CMS Joomla to use Shopping.com API you may see it in action on http://demo.joomla-guru.com

#6 2007-09-26 21:25:08

Tapos Pal

What is the variable list of the api to make a request? can anyone tell me?
Thanks
--
Tapos Pal

#7 2007-10-10 23:29:09

ahtsham

i want to duilt the shopping API in php please help me out

#8 2008-06-08 13:31:31

Shopping.com API

Shopping.com has changed the API, are you ready for the new version?

We are offering a service that allows you to use the Shopping.com API with Drupal - a very powerful CMS - which will allow some really really cool mashups.

Join our LinkedIn group to stay up to date about the status of this service: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/95046/3D71D63FFD7A

#9 2008-07-07 21:08:40

bibirmer
Website

We've just created a new example site using API 3 and asp.net (VB.NET). If anyone has questions or comments about the site or using the new API I would love to hear them:

http://v3-us-skin3.demo.datafeedscripts … fault.aspx

#10 2008-07-11 14:00:44

moneymm

Shopping.com API account rep just told me that if I were to use datafeedscripts.net that they will cancel my shopping partner account.  Apparently, their product violates the api usage requirements.

Does anyone have an alternative, or can someone help me get started on the right foot of how this API coding works?

I have been searching for days, and I only came accross datafeedscripts that showed any experience with this, now I am back to square 1.

Thank you!

#11 2008-07-31 22:59:42

bibirmer
Website

If you use the FREE datafeedscripts version of our script than you must know that:

-From April 2007 we offer our script for free but take 1 out of 10 clicks.
-From Feb. 1, 2008 we convert our script to paid version where user have 100% of any commissions.
-We no longer support FREE version of our script. We no longer offer it for download.
-We received a email from Shopping.com Partners Management where they noticed us:
"We have noticed that partners using your script have masked their links into Shopping.com. Under section 2.3 of our contract (attached), it requires you to adhere to our API Guidelines:

No substitution shall be made for page URLs included in SDC API Result Sets, and SDC API links shall convey users or Visitors directly to such page URLs within the same browser window and without any framing, redirection (with the exception of redirection through a tracking system), or interstitial advertising (including pop-up or pop-under ads).

This issue is causing heavy commotion among our merchants. If this persist and in order to perserve our relationships with our merchants, we may look to terminate this partnership if this cannot resolved. This will include all partners who are utilizing your scripts as well."

Please, if you use the FREE version of our script, remove it from your server. Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to answer them.
DataFeedScripts.net team

#12 2008-08-29 23:01:29

hai

i try joining shopping.com and i kept on gettting denied. Is there a way they will accept me? I wanted to purchase the Shopping.com API program, but in order to do that, i need to be an affiliated of shopping.com. Your answer will greatly be appriciated.

#13 2008-10-05 19:49:08

pk

Is there any datafeescripts like using PHP?

#14 2008-11-10 04:29:01

markowe
Website

It's good to know this - with the applications I have worked on, I have always encoded links, not because I want to deceive the customer in some way (I always try to clearly state that a particular link will take them to the retailer's site), but to make things "tidier" and also because I don't really want people poking around looking at my affiliate links. I kind of feel like they are "my business".

So if I was to include shopping.com listings on StoreMinator, say, I guess I would have to think round that somehow...

#15 2010-12-08 03:57:52

fielpo

hi, i'm selling a script that works with SHOPPING.COM api
the script it's fully functionally, with basic theme, url rewrite, adsense ready, easy to customizable, all you need to do it's upload and put your api key.

demo: www.searchforbuy.com
price: 70$
contact me: searchforbuy@gmail.com

#16 2013-05-18 20:05:52

bibirmer
Website

April,2,2013 Shopping.com rebrands to eBay Commerce Network

Board footer