PW Forum / Quickest way to get started ?

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-23 06:34:55

zzyzx

Quickest way to get started ?

Hi,

I would like to create a shopping site mashup with Ebay and Amazon API's to teach myself the basics.

I only have an average knowlege of javascript, and php(and XHTML, CSS). Can someone who is experienced tell me what other languages and, protocols I should learn immediately to create a good shopping site mashup? I checked out the essential list of  languages in the technical reference of this site and kinnda got overwhelmed by the varieties. I also have read the "How-to Guide" for Ebay and Amazon from this site, but I would like to have a little more information.

I don't mind learning, but I would like to create my mashup as quickly as possible(since I work in the daytime), so I really don't want to learn anything (at this time) that is not necessary for the basics, although I plan to learn them later. I don't want to discourage myself in the beginning by overloading, if you know what I mean

I want to create a (above average)mashup that searches for Ebay, and Amazon (or others) products upon a user query. I would definatey want to include product images for my results. Any suggestions will be greatlyt appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 2007-10-27 01:03:06

lovebeautiful48
Website

Re: Quickest way to get started ?

can try .net also

#3 2007-10-27 11:10:57

jmusser
Administrator
Website

Re: Quickest way to get started ?

Hi zzyzx. Good question. Since you already know PHP you could probably start with that. There are lots of PHP wrappers available for amazon and ebay.

Check-out ebay's PHP developer center

http://developer.ebay.com/developercenter/php/

Here's an amazon overview:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/o … on1-i.html

Hope this helps.
John

Board footer