Dashboard > Directory > Mashup Profile
5517 of 7422 Mashups by Date

Locate me

Used this? Share your thoughts... Please login to comment.

24 May 2007

BillyG says:

Only problem is, it puts me off the coast of East Africa when I'm actually in SC, USA, slightly an ocean away. Do you test these yourself first?

btw: I have a local G-map locating all the golf courses, schools, police depts, and Starbucks for people new to Greenville, SC. It is linked to from the lower right sidebar on my homepage. Oh yeah, there's an OSS map I've been maintaining for over a year that highlights countries going OSS with relevant links to those stories.

If you want to add them to your list, feel free, they were a good exercise for me, and they work lol.

24 May 2007

Gerry says:

I reside on the west coast of Canada (Vancouver Island). My country was correctly diagnosed and a fine looking maple leaf flag displayed - but the map puts me off the east coast of Africa (probably right beside Greenville SC). No Latitude or Longitude were displayed.

24 May 2007

Borin says:

My IP is correct, my country is displayed correct, but, like Gerry the map put me off the Coast of Africa. No Latitud, no Longitude.

31 May 2007

Ryan G says:

I had the same problem as BillyG.

I'm in Missouri, except on this map, where I'm hanging out off the West coast of Africa.

20 Jun 2007

marwan_jubeh says:

Those problems are probably due to inaccuracies in the hostip.info database.. please if your location was displayed incorrectly, or if you see anything wrong visit this website: http://www.hostip.info/ and suggest corrections to their database.. this mashup uses the hostip.info api to find locations..
this is the address that it uses, try visiting it and see if the hostip.info api did a mistake in locating ur ip: http://api.hostip.info/get_html.php?position=true

thanks..

18 Nov 2007

JK says:

You don't have permission to access /~maljub01/a6/locate_me.php on this server.

Follow the PW team on Twitter

ProgrammableWeb
APIs, mashups and code. Because the world's your programmable oyster.

John Musser
Founder, ProgrammableWeb

Adam DuVander
Executive Editor, ProgrammableWeb. Author, Map Scripting 101. Lover, APIs.