AngelHack, a premier educational technology events company, has just announced that the "biggest hackathon competition in the world" AngelHack, is now accepting applications for the AngelHack Accelerator Program, Summer 2013 cycle.
The AngelHack Spring 2013 Tour continues, featuring over 6,000 hackers in 30 cities worldwide. The Global Hackathon Competition brings together thousands of developers to learn developer tools, network with developers and designers, have a chance to win funding and mentorship for startup ideas, as well as a chance to win $100,000's in prizes.
Bonus for ProgrammableWeb Followers:
AngelHack is offering ProgrammableWeb readers free tickets to all remaining events on the Spring schedule. Interested developers can find the events schedule on the AngelHack site and the promo code is PW.
The Accelerator Program starts on June 15th at AngelHack SV for developers that have successfully hacked their way to a spot in the program by winning the hackathon!
Hackathon winners will find at the AngelHack SV:
- 100's of amazing developers & designers to work with.
- Immediate attention and opportunity for your project to get accelerated.
- Tech Media to run stories on winning teams.
- An awesome community of mentors and expert judges.
- And all those amazing prizes we mentioned above!
- Grand Prize: Winners from each AngelHack event will get flown to Silicon Valley where they will receive mentorship to help turn their hack into an investment grade startup.
- Spot Prizes Include: XBoxes, Nerf Guns, T Shirts, Helicopters, Sun Glasses, API Prizes, Gags, Cash
Hackathon winners will be notified of their acceptance into the Accelerator Program via e-mail by June 15th, 2013. Teams will have until June 16th to accept the offer to join the program.
Previous winners include: Microryza, Osper, Testlio, TapFame, WeFunder, Kloutron, and Airpost.
What Should Hackathon Participants Build?
AngelHack is looking for new projects that can wow the crowd and have the potential to improve peoples lives. Hacks that people would use, laugh at, and potentially scale. Have fun, try to finish in time, show us an awesome demo.
Don't miss your chance to join the big league, start hacking today!