Last month, ProgrammableWeb published a post announcing that the first "API Strategy and Practice Conference" would be taking place the 1st and 2nd of November in New York City. New speakers and panel sessions have been added to the conference events schedule since the time the original post was published.
Image Credit: API Strategy and Practice Conference
About the Conference
The API Strategy and Practice Conference is a vendor neutral, community supported API industry conference. The conference features keynotes, panels and themed sessions that will provide key insights into many aspects of APIs which include:
- The potential of APIs and how they are changing the face of digital business.
- Best practices and what it takes to build a successful API program.
- API design, creation, marketing, promotion and examples of business models.
- Sector areas such as music, social, government, payments, e-commerce, mobile and more.
The complete list of topics, panels, speakers and other events can be found on the Conference Sessions page.
New Speakers Added
New speakers have been added to the conference lineup, including:
- Keynote Speaker Peter Orlowsky, VP, Business Development, Getty Images
- Mr. Orlowsky will be discussing the strategy decisions behind Getty Images API as well as the value they provide to customers, partners and Getty Images itself.
- Leading API Providers and Technology Providers
- This group of industry leaders and experts will discuss API insights and best practices. New speakers include Jakub Nestril from Apiary, Tyler Singletary of Klout, Irakli Nadareishvili from NPR, Andrew Mager of Spotify, Ross Boucher of Stripe, Tony Tam from Swagger, John Bunting from Tumblr.com and numerous others.
Panel Sessions Added
New panel sessions have been added to the conference event schedule:
- API Infrastructure Providers
- Building Great APIs: Do's and Don'ts
- APIs, Platforms and Business Model Tradeoffs
Early Bird Registration
There is an Early Bird Registration discount available, however it is about to end. In case you don't register in time for the Early Bird discount, ProgrammableWeb readers can use an exclusive promo code (PROGWEB2012) to receive 10% off until october 25th! You can register for the API Strategy and Practice Conference at the Official Website or at Eventbrite.