Recently ProgrammableWeb reported that Apigee now supports Node.js which allows developers to build highly customized APIs and apps using the Apigee API Platform. Apigee has just announced the launch of Apigee Learn, a free education program that offers a series of eight-week online courses presented in video format. The Apigee-specific courses will cover topics and skills that will help participants succeed in today's API and App economies.
Classes offered in the Apigee Learn program will be released once a week over the span of eight weeks. Classes will include interactive quizzes, homework, and tests and participants will receive a Certificate of Completion for each course that is successfully completed with passing scores. Participants that pass their courses can also display Apigee Learn badges in the Apigee online community.
For those not interested in earning completion certificates and badges, Apigee Learn offers the option of auditing courses for participants that would rather work on the course materials at their own pace. The Apigee Learn program is being offered in MOOC format (massive open online courses) so that as many people as possible can participate in the program. ProgrammableWeb recently published a three-part series of posts covering education technology trends including Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). Apigee CEO Chet Kapoor comments on the Apigee Learn platform in the press release:
"Apigee Learn is delivered in 'MOOC' format so that everyone participating in the app economy -- from software developers to digital business executives -- can have easy access to a range of training and education options. We are excited to offer a completely open program that can reach an unlimited number of Apigee customers, partners and community members."
Apigee Learn courses will start in December with more training modules to be added in the upcoming months. The initial course list includes the following:
- Create a Digital Strategy - Build a strategy that encompasses business goals, competitive strengths, and comprehensive digital engagements to innovate and drive real business results in the digital world.
- Create and Manage APIs - Walk away with the latest thinking, the tools and know-how to create, manage and scale APIs that are the building blocks for cutting-edge apps in today’s digital world.
- Build a Digital Ecosystem - Learn how to establish a thriving digital ecosystem – create the right API program, organize an innovative API team, manage developer communities and measure success.
- Nuts and Bolts of API Deployment - Discover best practices, tips and tricks, and learn about the tools for deploying Apigee on-premises.
- Develop an App - Learn how to build state-of-the-art web and mobile apps that will garner 5-star ratings and reputation.
For more information about the Apigee Learn free online training program and to sign up for courses, visit the Apigee Learn website.