Atlassian, a leading collaboration software provider, has announced the official release of version 2.0 Bitbucket REST APIs, which includes a brand new Pull Request API, new functionality and other improvements.
Bitbucket is a web-based code collaboration service that is similar to GitHub providing users a web-based platform to host, manage and share projects that use Git or Mercurial. According to a recent TechCrunch article, Bitbucket has reached 1 million users. The service had approximately 45,000 users back in September 2010 when Atlassian acquired the Bitbucket platform.
Image Credit: Atlassian Bitbucket
The version 2.0 Bitbucket REST APIs include a brand new Pull Request API which allows comments and likes associated with pull request comments to be managed by third-party applications. The version 2.0 release also features new functionality and improvements including (but not limited to):
- Team membership, list repositories, followers, and who a team is following, can now be queried.
- List user profiles, followers, and who a user follows.
- New links element added to every 2.0 endpoint which points to related resources providing a means to quickly discover and traverse related objects.
- API endpoints that return a collection of objects are now broken down into pages, responses are paginated.
- Standardized error responses that return a new JSON object that includes the appropriate HTTP status codes.