Whether buying or selling a house, refinancing or just curious about the state of the property market, many people wouldn't know where to start when trying to determine the true value of a property. There are so many factors that play a role in getting to this figure, and a tool that could lay it all out clearly for the user would definitely be a bonus. The Eppraisal API may do the trick.
Eppraisal.com is an online real estate analysis tool. The service provides data and resources that help a user to determine the value of a home based on information such as recent home sales, neighborhoods, schools and local market data.
Some of the features include:
- Home values - the site pulls public record data from over 120 million homes to calculate an estimated value range.
- Local information - the site provides real estate and community information on cities across the United States. This includes local home values, current real estate listings, schools in the area, employment opportunities, demographics, general weather conditions and crime statistics.
- Find a pro - the site offers users the opportunity to connect with local professionals such as appraisers, home inspectors, real estate agents and mortgage brokers.
- Real estate market analysis - the site provides monthly reports to track the changes in median home values in markets across the United States.
- Widgets - these are available for customizing websites or blogs with home values and local market trend information.
The Eppraisal API returns a median value, along with the most and least expensive values, based on reported real estate transactions in a given area. Developers who would like to request access to this API can do so via the API request form on the Eppraisal website.