As of today there are 310 APIs listed at ProgrammableWeb. That's nine new ones in the past week and 26 in the last 30 days. Good healthy variety of new APIs including:
- PhishTank: PhishTank is a free community site where anyone can submit, verify, track and share phishing data. The API lets you check and submit urls and email addresses.
- bLaugh: The first comic to get its own API. As they say, it's "MAD Magazine for the Blogosphere". API gives you ability to get comics by name, date or full listing.
- Blinksale: Online invoicing startup offers this API to manage invoices, deliveries, and clients.
- The Institute on Money in State Politics API: As noted in yesterday's blog post, this new API gives you access to a deep store of data on US political contributions. As they say, follow the money.
- buySAFE: Offers a "Trust API" that ties-into their merchant trust network to "determine whether a specific e-retailer is a buySAFE Merchant and/or whether a specific item is being sold by a buySAFE Merchant".
- Amnesty International API: Use this API for data on censorship online. More details in this blog post.