Time for the near-weekly roundup of the more interesting mashups added here. Once again maps are lion's share, although the YouTube API continues to find its way into more mashups, somewhat paralleling its rise in general. Here's a sampling of some of 1,038 mashups on file:
- New York Post Star Map: Page Six meets Google Maps. Track celebrity sightings in NYC with this map or if you have seen a star around town you can submit your sighting of A-listers. Note that this is derivative of the more original Gawker Stalker.
- Celebrity Ranker: Uses Google to find out how popular and sexy celebrities are, and shows images from Yahoo Image Search API. Finds celebrities which are similar in popularity and sexiness. Warning: not always safe for work (NSFW).
- SeatSnapper: Event tickets website. Can view eBay listings on interactive seating maps, and have events that you cannot attend flagged via the Google Calendar API. Note there are now 5 Google Calendar mashups listed here.
- Starbucks Coffee Finder: The Starbucks Coffee locations plotted on a Google map.
- Drunkest Cities in America: See the Forbes Magazine list of the Drunkest Cities in America mapped. Is your town here?
- Viral Video Chart: See the most talked about videos...currently tracking YouTube, MySpace and Google Video.