Data Mining is big business. Various start-ups are aiming to sift through user data in order to create more personalized experiences. Rapleaf, which provides the Rapleaf personalization API, has just announced the first round winners of the Rapleaf Personalization Fund. The no equity fund was announced last month and mostly provides services from Rapleaf and partner companies. Among the first round of winners are some great examples of using personalization data.
The response to the fund was overwhelming, according to Rapleaf, with more than 85 applicants and 8 of those applicants have emerged winners in the first round. They have received cash awards ranging from $5K - $15K and other support from Rapleaf. The winners ranged from personalized daily deals to event recommendations.
SimpleRelevance, one of the winners provides a platform where users are provided daily deals based on demographics and their interests. The platform uses Rapleaf to access personal information which is then mashed up with KoalaDeal to show the deals to the users.
And when it comes to data mining, it is apt that one of the winners was Loggr, which provides an analytics platform that is focussed around application events. It uses the Rapleaf API to provide demographics and other information about your users. Mapping different user activities and understanding demographics can help to provide more insight into usage patterns.
Other winners are listed below:
- MiraPost, a split testing service for MailChimp that uses Rapleaf to run regressions for better mail optimization
- GetSpontaneous, an event discovery engine that uses Rapleaf to personalize events for customers.
- Vixlo, a survey platform that matches survey data with Rapleaf information to provide demographics information to the survey collector.
- Compojoom, a Joomla! Platform component that provides a report about site member’s demographics, all powered by Rapleaf.
- YaYu, that uses Rapleaf to provide more personalized offers to users right on their mobile phones.
- KickoffLabs, a social landing platform that provides insight about new customers, all provided via Rapleaf.
Congratulations to all the winners. The full list of winners can also be found at the Rapleaf blog.