Is this the year of the API? Or is it next year? As we've pointed out before, the API universe is expanding. You have a chance now to make sure when thousands of geeks descend upon Austin next March, that this new way of the web is given the billing it deserves. But you have to get moving by September 2.
There were over 3,000 potential talks submitted and public votes have a big say in what makes its to the SXSW stages. Register for the panel picker and then check out the API-related panels we've highlighted below.
ProgrammableWeb does have a vested interest in your votes, of course. We've proposed two sessions:
- Open APIs: What's Hot, What's Not
An overview of last six years and future by ProgrammableWeb founder John Musser.
- When Your API is Your Product
Moderated by myself, with an all-star panel from Twilio, SimpleGeo and SendGrid.
There's a lot more to The Year of the API than ProgrammableWeb, of course. Here's a list of API-related talks we found. Let us know about others in the comments.
- API? Check.WTF Now? Tales of API Success & Failure
- Networked Public Radio: The NPR API Adds Stations
- Twitter API innovation: how to compete with free
- Facebook Platform for Developers
- Free Your Mind: APIs as Lifeblood for Innovation
- Building a Social Platform on APIs
- Advanced API design: how APIs change the world
- Serve My App: The Server & API Side of Mobile Dev
- Real-time APIs: Mobile meets instant gratification
- Beyond the Theme - Using WordPress as an API
- The 48 Hour Business Revolution
- App Platforms: Friend or Foe to Creatives?
- Caffeine, Code, and Passion aren't enough
- Start Fresh: Destroy the Developer Ecosystem
- Legally Licensed Music for the Start Up
- Brand as API: Connect Differently
- Law.gov: Taking the Laws Into Our Own Hands
- Why is anyone dumb enough to try to make an MMO?
- How tech has changed the way the UK and US give