ProgrammableWeb is committed to preserving your privacy and safeguarding your information. The following statement describes the general information-gathering and usage practices of our sites.
1. ProgrammableWeb does not sell, trade or release your e-mail address to outside third parties. E-mail addresses are used only for communication with you for administration of your account.
2. ProgrammableWeb may track information on which site pages are being visited and used so we can make decisions about the design and usage of our sites.
3. ProgrammableWeb uses "cookies" to identify return visitors. "Cookies" are bits of information that are stored by your browser on your hard drive. This technology allows you to save your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our site, and remembers you when you take action on our site. You can turn off the "cookie" function through most standard browsers.
4. ProgrammableWeb may provide aggregate information such as the number of users who visit a particular linked site to other parties.
5. ProgrammableWeb links to merchants and information sites. Each of these sites has its own privacy practices and any information you share with a merchant is subject to their policies and practices and is independent of ProgrammableWeb.
6. ProgrammableWeb may use your email address to notify you when updates are made to your subscriptions (APIs, mashups and other ProgrammableWeb content you have requested we track for you) as well as news regarding our Website. You may choose to not receive email of this type by accessing the "Settings" tab of the web site and updating your notification settings or by using the unsubscribe link included in all emails from ProgrammableWeb.
7. ProgrammableWeb has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.