BioID Web Services (BWS) is a webcam based biometrics service for cloud, web, and mobile application developers. The service enables applications such as
- Biometric authentication (face and voice, iris to follow) including liveness detection
- Identification to check people against blacklists, for criminal background checks, etc.
- Ticketless check-in for trade shows and other events, airline boarding, ships
- Fraud prevention with liveness detection to verify the presence of a live user or to detect multiple registrations from the same person
- Face or voice similarity search for celebrity matching, online dating, modeling or casting agencies
- Photo quality checks to ensure good-quality (biometric) ID photos or mugshots
Functionality exposed by the API includes verification (one-to-one) and identification (one-to-many) of face and voice, liveness detection, photo quality checking to international standards, finding, cropping and returning high-quality face images and more. The API uses REST and SOAP protocols and responses are formatted in XML.
The following is a list of historical changes that were made to this asset. Typically, once an API is published on ProgrammableWeb.com, the data we keep about that asset gets updated over the course of its life. For example, the endpoint or home page of the documentation might change. As a means of enforcing the integrity of our data, every time a non-trivial change is made to the data we keep about an asset, we require the entry of some changelog text before that change can be saved. This way, we have a great audit trail of all activity surrounding the asset. For each asset, the changelogs begins with the moment an asset is approved for publication on ProgrammableWeb. If you spot an error in our data and believe that a record needs to be updated in some way, the ProgrammableWeb team would very much like to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
10-07-19 14:40:46[Brief] 13 Top Recognition APIs updated with Related API BioID Web Services
12-01-18 13:17:45[Brief] Daily API RoundUp: BioID, SlipStream, ApilityIO, CloudSploit updated with Related API BioID Web Services
19-12-17 16:20:29[SDK] BioID Web Services Android SDK updated with Related API BioID Web Services
19-12-17 16:13:45[SDK] BioID Web Services iOS SDK updated with Related API BioID Web Services