BioID Web Services (BWS) is a webcam based biometrics service for cloud, web, and mobile application developers. The service enables applications such as
- Biometric authentication (face and voice, iris to follow) including liveness detection
- Identification to check people against blacklists, for criminal background checks, etc.
- Ticketless check-in for trade shows and other events, airline boarding, ships
- Fraud prevention with liveness detection to verify the presence of a live user or to detect multiple registrations from the same person
- Face or voice similarity search for celebrity matching, online dating, modeling or casting agencies
- Photo quality checks to ensure good-quality (biometric) ID photos or mugshots
Functionality exposed by the API includes verification (one-to-one) and identification (one-to-many) of face and voice, liveness detection, photo quality checking to international standards, finding, cropping and returning high-quality face images and more. The API uses REST and SOAP protocols and responses are formatted in XML.
The following is a list of how-to and tutorial content that matched your search term. ProgrammableWeb's how-to content comes from two sources; full-blown tutorials that we publish ourselves and other highly relevant tutorials that we find elsewhere on the Web. This list represents on combination of both tutorial types and if you go to ProgrammableWeb's API University, you'll not only be able to find more, they are organized based on your role (API providers or developers who consumes APIs). If you know of a tutorial that would be of interest to the ProgrammableWeb community, we'd like to know about it. Be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.