BioID Web Services (BWS) is a webcam based biometrics service for cloud, web, and mobile application developers. The service enables applications such as
- Biometric authentication (face and voice, iris to follow) including liveness detection
- Identification to check people against blacklists, for criminal background checks, etc.
- Ticketless check-in for trade shows and other events, airline boarding, ships
- Fraud prevention with liveness detection to verify the presence of a live user or to detect multiple registrations from the same person
- Face or voice similarity search for celebrity matching, online dating, modeling or casting agencies
- Photo quality checks to ensure good-quality (biometric) ID photos or mugshots
Functionality exposed by the API includes verification (one-to-one) and identification (one-to-many) of face and voice, liveness detection, photo quality checking to international standards, finding, cropping and returning high-quality face images and more. The API uses REST and SOAP protocols and responses are formatted in XML.
The following is a list of sample source code snippets that matched your search term. Source code snippets are chunks of source code that were found out on the Web that you can cut and paste into your own source code. Whereas most of the sample source code we've curated for our directory is for consuming APIs, we occasionally find something interesting on the API provider side of things. If you know of some sample source code that would be of interest to the ProgrammableWeb community, we'd like to know about it. Be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.