Twitter IE is a named entity recognition service specially tuned to use Twitter data. It performs:
* tokenisation, sentence splitting and part-of-speech tagging, using a model trained specifically for Tweets
* normalisation of abbreviations and shortened word forms frequently found in Tweets ("brb", "ttyl", "gr8", "2day", etc.)
* tagging of Twitter-specific entities such as hashtags and @mentions, as well as URLs and emoticons
* general named-entity recognition to identify basic entity types such as Person, Location, Organization, Money amounts, Time and Date expressions, etc.
* mappings of entities discovered in text to reference data from the DBpedia knowledge graph
Acknowledgements: The Twitter analytics service of S4 is based on the TwitIE open source information extraction pipeline by the GATE platform by the University of Sheffield
The following is a list of libraries from ProgrammableWeb's Library Directory that matched your search term. Although there many different interpretations of the word "library" among software developers, ProgrammableWeb adheres to a specific definition so as to clearly distinguish libraries from SDKs and frameworks in a way that will facilitate clean search results. In ProgrammableWeb's parlance, the term "library" is strictly used to describe a platform-specific software tool that, when installed, results in the provisioning a specific API. Conversely, SDKs are exclusively for consuming APIs and Frameworks are agnostic to specific APIs. If you think a library, SDK, API, or other asset is missing from our directory, be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.