Twitter IE is a named entity recognition service specially tuned to use Twitter data. It performs:
* tokenisation, sentence splitting and part-of-speech tagging, using a model trained specifically for Tweets
* normalisation of abbreviations and shortened word forms frequently found in Tweets ("brb", "ttyl", "gr8", "2day", etc.)
* tagging of Twitter-specific entities such as hashtags and @mentions, as well as URLs and emoticons
* general named-entity recognition to identify basic entity types such as Person, Location, Organization, Money amounts, Time and Date expressions, etc.
* mappings of entities discovered in text to reference data from the DBpedia knowledge graph
Acknowledgements: The Twitter analytics service of S4 is based on the TwitIE open source information extraction pipeline by the GATE platform by the University of Sheffield
The following is a list of sample source code snippets that matched your search term. Source code snippets are chunks of source code that were found out on the Web that you can cut and paste into your own source code. Whereas most of the sample source code we've curated for our directory is for consuming APIs, we occasionally find something interesting on the API provider side of things. If you know of some sample source code that would be of interest to the ProgrammableWeb community, we'd like to know about it. Be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.