YP, or Yellow Pages, is owned by AT&T's and provides listings, coupons and reviews about millions of businesses in the United States. The Yellow Pages API gives developers access to many of these features.
* Search business listings--search by keywords and location (a zip code, city, address or latitude/longitude).
* Retrieve details of a business--individual business data, including address, telephone numbers, as well as metadata like when the business started and its neighborhood. Also, if a business has an active deal, its coupons will also be listed.
* Business reviews--retrieve ratings and textual reviews of a business.
* Access coupons directly--find YP customers with deals.
* Static Maps--retrieve URLs for a map showing a specific point, or a business listing map showing a specific business. Also includes business details.
The following is a list of how-to and tutorial content that matched your search term. ProgrammableWeb's how-to content comes from two sources; full-blown tutorials that we publish ourselves and other highly relevant tutorials that we find elsewhere on the Web. This list represents on combination of both tutorial types and if you go to ProgrammableWeb's API University, you'll not only be able to find more, they are organized based on your role (API providers or developers who consumes APIs). If you know of a tutorial that would be of interest to the ProgrammableWeb community, we'd like to know about it. Be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.