YP, or Yellow Pages, is owned by AT&T's and provides listings, coupons and reviews about millions of businesses in the United States. The Yellow Pages API gives developers access to many of these features.
* Search business listings--search by keywords and location (a zip code, city, address or latitude/longitude).
* Retrieve details of a business--individual business data, including address, telephone numbers, as well as metadata like when the business started and its neighborhood. Also, if a business has an active deal, its coupons will also be listed.
* Business reviews--retrieve ratings and textual reviews of a business.
* Access coupons directly--find YP customers with deals.
* Static Maps--retrieve URLs for a map showing a specific point, or a business listing map showing a specific business. Also includes business details.
The following is a list of sample source code snippets that matched your search term. Source code snippets are chunks of source code that were found out on the Web that you can cut and paste into your own source code. Whereas most of the sample source code we've curated for our directory is for consuming APIs, we occasionally find something interesting on the API provider side of things. If you know of some sample source code that would be of interest to the ProgrammableWeb community, we'd like to know about it. Be sure to check our guidelines for making contributions to ProgrammableWeb.