ProgrammableWeb crossed a milestone this weekend when the 300th example was added to the mashup database. The pace of people creating these is accelerating and I've seen an increase in the per-day volume of contributions of links here.
Of course there are hundreds or thousands more out there already, especially if you include the fact that anybody can create a maps mashup using tools from services like MapBuilder, Wayfaring, and CommunityWalk. Even though many examples listed use maps, ProgrammableWeb tries to show a more diverse spectrum of what people are creating.
Speaking of which, keep in mind that you can slice-and-dice the mashups on this site in a variety of ways. In particular, you can view examples by tag:
- See all photo-related APIs and mashups at /tag/photo
- /tag/sports for sports mashups
- /tag/news for news and current events
- /tag/games for mashup games people have created
- /tag/realestate for property searching
- /tag/food for things ranging from pubs to tacos
- By geographic location: NYC, California, UK, Spain and others (see the tag cloud for the current set)
Or also by:
- API, such as Amazon, eBay, Flickr, Google Maps, Virtual Earth / Windows Live Local.
- Tag cloud
- Or randomly
And then there's the new feature, the ability to subscribe to mashups.