AgriCharts has launched AgriCharts OnDemand, an API platform for commodity market data.
The AgriCharts OnDemand platform consists of a number of APIs:
- A Price Data API that offers real-time, delayed or end-of-day pricing data based on ticker symbol.
- A Cash Grain Bids API that provides real-time, delayed and end-of-day cash grain bids for corn, soybeans and wheat markets in the United States and Canada, and daily cash grain bids and prices for corn, wheat, soybeans and oats markets in the United States.
- A Leaderboard and Lists API that provides a number of lists, including the day's most active issues, and largest gainers and losers.
- A Charts and Analytics API that offers data for charting stock prices and screening for stocks based on specific criteria.
- A News and Weather API for accessing recent articles from sources like The Associated Press and Dow Jones, as well as weather-related information relevant to the commodities markets.
- A Meta Data API that provides metadata for a variety of financial instruments, including futures.
Using the AgriCharts APIs, companies can integrate AgriCharts' data into their websites and applications. The APIs, which AgriCharts runs in Amazon's AWS cloud, are SOAP-based, and can provide data in a number of formats, including XML, JSON and CSV. AgriCharts obtains its data directly from the relevant exchanges, so customers don't have to worry about third-party dependencies.
According to Mark Haraburda, AgriCharts' managing director, "We are making it easier and more affordable for our clients to integrate commodity data and information that drives their business." To that end, AgriCharts has adopted a usage-based pricing model. "This pricing model combined with the rapid scalability available through AWS allows AgriCharts OnDemand to service businesses of all sizes," the company says.
AgriCharts is owned by Barchart, a pioneer in market data software. Today, staying competitive as a market data provider all but demands APIs and, not surprisingly, AgriCharts is just one of the company's API offerings. Last year, Barchart launched Barchart OnDemand, a similar API platform that offers access to equity options price data in the United States and Canada.