Every year a lot of "web professionals" go talk about very important things in the restaurants, bars and streets of Austin, Texas. Then, during the day, some of them go to panels at the SXSW Interactive conference. Voting in August for talks in March is part of the tradition. Each year we've tried to encourage APIs to take a larger role in the festival and it's working. There are more API-related proposals than every before and they're all listed below for your voting consideration. Voting closes today.
We found 34 API-related proposals this year, compared to 19 last year and 25 the year before. Due to the large number, I've separated them into categories: future of APIs, case studies, hackathons, big data, developer relations, APIs for partnerships and getting techie.
How to vote: You'll need to register a free SXSW account. Then, open all of the links below in new tabs and either thumbs up everything or be a very discerning voter and have your voice truly heard.
Future of APIs
- The New API: Apps, Partners and Income
- The Age of the Platform
- The Age of the Web Machine
- Rise of the Planet of the APIs
- API and IPA: Coincidence?
- Maps as Emotional Connective Tissue
- Sweet Memes Are Made of This
- Using an API vs building in-house: which is king?
- Building an App on Speed: From 0 to 60 in 6 weeks
- NPR: Building for an Expanding Platform Universe
- Optimizing API Usage at AT&T
- Why API? The benefits and drawbacks
- After the Hackathon
- Media Speed Dating: Filmmakers Digital Hackathon
- Backplane Protocol Workshop & Hackathon
- Beyond Miso & IntoNow: The 1st SocialTV hackathon
- How To Throw A Hackathon--And Get Results
- All About Hackathons & Value Add to Stakeholders
- Social Cocktail: Getting the Social Data You Need
- Getting Started with Social Data at Scale
- This is How You'll be Crunching Big Data Next Year
- In the Future Data Scientists Will Be Replaced By Tools
- It's the Social Data, Stupid!
- Helping 3rd Party Developers Kick Ass
- Evangelism: Silicon Valley vs. Silicon Alley
- Can Carriers Hope to Be "Developer-friendly"?
- From H-API to Sad: Building on 3rd Party Platforms
- Scaling Your Business Through Community
APIs for Partnerships
- Brogramming your way to Better BizDev Deals
- API or Die: Why Digital-First Companies Thrive
- Finding the Perfect Mate-Partnerships
- OAuth 2 for Identity and Data Access
- Developer Experience: The UX of APIs
- Creating a DIY API: Open Source for Makers
- Designing Hypermedia APIs with Goliath.io
Is this post missing your favorite? Add it in the comments.