DreamFactory, a backend as a service (BaaS) platform provider, has announced the availability of DreamFactory 2.0 beta which includes improvements to API customizability, security, scalability, and more. DreamFactory has also partnered with Bitnami, a cloud hosting and application deployment platform, making it possible for DreamFactory to be installed quickly and easily on application client/server environments.
DreamFactory is an open source backend as a service (BaaS) platform that provides RESTful services for building mobile, web, and IoT applications. The platform features pre-built connectors for SQL, NoSQL, external web services, and other data sources which allows API services to be quickly generated. DreamFactory also features enterprise grade security, API customization, automatic API documentation generation (Swagger), and more.
According to the announcement post, DreamFactory 2.0 beta features a variety of improvements including (but not limited to):
- Easy integration with Active Directory and LDAP
- Easy integration with Facebook OAuth, Twitter OAuth, Google OAuth, and GitHub OAuth
- Implement and automatically document RESTful APIs from scratch with custom scripts
Modularity, Performance, Scalability
- Fully modular architecture re-built using the Laravel PHP framework
- MongoDB is pre-installed and the REST API for Mongo is ready to go "out of the box"
- Higher scalability and performance for large-scale transactional mobile and IoT applications
For more information about DreamFactory products including DreamFactory 2.0 beta, visit the official company website.