Firefox 70.0 has been released as a stable version. Among bug fixes and feature updates, Firefox 70.0 includes a number of developer updates. Specifically, the DOM; Workers/service workers; Media, WebAudio, and WebRTC; and Canvas and WebGL APIs were all updated with bug fixes or new features.
New features to the DOM API include the following:
- The back(), forward(), and go() methods are now Asynchronous. Add a listener to the popstate event to get notification that navigation has completed bug 1563587.
- We've added support DOMMatrix, DOMPoint, etc. in web workers (bug 1420580).
- A few more members have been moved from HTMLDocument to Document, including Document.all, Document.clear, Document.captureEvents, and Document.clearEvents (bug 1558570, bug 1558571).
New features to the Workers/Service workers API include the following:
- Strict MIME type checks are now enforced on worker and shared worker scripts, i.e. those targetted by the Worker() and SharedWorker() constructors (bug 1523706).
New features to the Media, Web Audio, and WebTRC APIs include the following:
- AudioContext.getOutputTimestamp() implemented (bug 1324545).
- AudioContext.baseLatency and AudioContext.outputLatency implemented (bug 1324552).
- MediaElementAudioSourceNode.mediaElement and MediaStreamAudioSourceNode.mediaStream implemented (bug 1350973).
- The ChannelMergerNode() constructor now throws errors if you try to set channelCount and channelCountMode to invalid values (bug 1456263).
New features to the Canvas and WebGL APIs include the following:
- We now support CanvasRenderingContext2D.getTransform(), and the newer variant of CanvasRenderingContext2D.setTransform() that accepts a matrix object as a parameter rather than multiple parameters representing the individual components of the matrix (bug 928150).
For complete developer changes, check out the Firefox 70 release docs.