You may not be familiar with Green Thing, a web based service that inspires people to lead a greener life, but you should be. With the help of brilliant videos and inspiring stories etc. from creative people and community members around the world, Green Thing focuses on seven things you can do - and enjoy doing.
- You get from A to B without any C when you Walk The Walk
- It’s delicious but it causes more CO2 than cars so go Easy On The Meat
- Resist the urge to buy the latest and Stick With What You Got
- Turn down the central heating and turn up the Human Heat
- The art of wasting nothing and using up everything: All-Consuming
- Instead of jetting your way around the world, Stay Grounded
- Don’t leave it on or even put it on, Plug Out
Green Thing has announced the release of Green Things Labs, complete with a Green Things API (our Green Thing API Profile), so that developers can now participate in developing eco-friendly mashups that interact with the Green Thing. The experimental API provides access to several methods to access and create several types of information, including user profiles, stories, actions, and content rating (referred to as "likes"). You can view additional information on the new API at the Labs home page, which also includes documentation and Embed It, a tool that makes it easy to implement media-based functionality into your applications. Note that the API is free for non-commercial use (commercial use is addressed on a case-by-case basis).