JotForm, a web-based WYSIWYG form builder Platform, announced that the JotForm API Developer Competition will take place August 24 through September 24, 2013. The contest was created to celebrate the recent release of the new JotForm API.
Designed with web masters in mind, JotForm is a web-based WYSIWYG form builder that features a drag and drop interface, huge selection of form templates, and easy to use form building tools such as:
- Form Tools - Allows form fields such as text box, text area, check box, file upload, submit button, etc to be added to the form.
- Quick Tools - Allows common form fields and features to be added to the form including e-mail, address, phone, DateTime, etc.
- Survey Tools - Allows survey form features to be added to the form such as star rating, scale rating, etc.
- Power Tools - Allows advanced form features to be added such as unique ID, e-signature, captcha, image, etc.
- Payment Tools - allows creation of payment forms using common payment processing companies such as PayPal, stripe, Authorize.net, WorldPay, etc.
The JotForm API (beta) is mostly read-only and allows programmatic access to form data without the need to use the JotForm web site. There are several client libraries available on GitHub including Android, C#, iOS, Java, NodeJS, PHP, Python and Ruby.
The JotForm API Developer Competition begins on August 24, 2013 and the deadline for developers to submit their JotForm API driven apps is by September 24th, 2013. The goal of the contest is to encourage developers to build great apps for JotForm which will be later added to a brand new Apps section on the JotForm website.
The grand prize is $5,000 and the prize for each category is $500.00. There are six contest categories including best mobile app, best educational app, and best social app. Visit the official contest site to see the complete list of contest categories as well as a list of app ideas.