Kyber, an on-chain liquidity protocol provider, recently announced its Kyber Trading APITrack this API. The API enables users to leverage Kyber's on-chain liquidity without much understanding of smart contracts. In turn, integrated apps gain Kyber functionality related to tokens, conversion rates and trading.
The API is RESTful and returns data in a JSON format. Users can serialize, encode and broadcast the transaction payload to the Ethereum blockchain using web3. To better understand a standard workflow, Kyber published a code example in a blog post announcement.
The API currently supports seven functions:
- Get list of possible tokens available for trade
- Get list of tokens, including enables statuses, of Ethereum wallet
- Sell token from Ethereum wallet
- Get buy coversion rate in ETH
- Get sell conversion rate in ETH
- Trade from ETH to ERC20 or vice versa
- Get price and other information about trading pairs
The API, and Kyber's on-chain liquidity protocol, was designed to integrate with any application. Accordingly any party in the network should be able to exchange value through decentralized token swaps.