There has been a lot of buzz in recent months about "Google Glass," a wearable computer with a head-mounted display that is currently in development by Google as part of "Project Glass." The general public's reception of Google Glass has been mixed, with some eagerly awaiting it's arrival and others hating the very idea of it's existence.
Despite the mixed reactions, app development for Google Glass has been moving forward as well as the development of APIs. Below are a few articles related to Google Glass apps and APIs.
- Google Mirror API Overview - "The Google Mirror API allows you to build web-based services, called Glassware, that interact with Google Glass. It provides this functionality over a cloud-based API and does not require running code on Glass. The major features are described in the following sections."
- 7 Standout Google Glass Apps You Can Download Right Now - Google Glass apps featured in the article include Glass To Facebook, Glass Tweet and Reddit Timeline.
- First Look: Evernote for Google Glass - Evernote is developing an app for Google Glass.
- Google’s Project Glass and the API Assumption - "when it comes to app development for the Project Glass platform, APIs will drive its development and deployment."
- Google Announces Mirror API to Drive Experiences for Project Glass - Google launches beta version of an API for Google Glass; the Google Mirror API.
- Google Mirror API documentation is open for developers - Google releases documentation for the Google Mirror API, programming languages include Python and Java.
- Lambda Labs Is Launching A Facial Recognition API For Google Glass - Lambda Labs is developing a facial recognition API for developers creating Google Glass apps.
- GlassDevCamp to Gather Emerging Google Glass Development Community - GlassDevCamp is the "first community-led event for the emerging Google Glass development community."
- Citizenhub Adds Google Glass Development Platform Plus.io - "Plus.io, a platform for building mobile applications, is now expanding into Google Glass development with its new Timeline feature."