Instagram's data is used in a new way by event discovery app "Now". Urban Airship lands backing to the tune of $25 Million. Plus: Facebook's solution to upcoming breaking changes may be broken, the Goldilocks Question and your API analytics, and 7 new APIs.
What Are People Doing "Now"?
Of all the ways that Instagram’s data has been used this may be my favorite. Imagine you are bored at home wondering, “what do people do for fun in this town on a wednesday night?” Well Now, an exciting new iPhone Application, can probably help answer that question. Now uses the Instagram API to aggregate photos taken at the same time and place into events. This aggregate displays in a real-time feed that shows you what people are doing.
Urban Airship Lands $25M
Urban Airship, the Portland based startup that provides the Urban Airship API, has received $25 million in new backing. The funding, that was led by August Capital, will help to expand hiring and growth plans.
API News You Shouldn't miss
- Box reveals plans for 2013: Global expansion and a partner network
- The Goldilocks Question and your API Analytics
- A Start at a RESTful API With Laravel 4 Framework
- Facebook's Solution to Upcoming Breaking Changes May Be Broken
- PNI Digital Media Launches New Photo Services API
- elsten software Launch OneMusicAPI, a Cloud-Based Cover Art Search API
- The White House to release its ‘We the People’ Petition 2.0 API, plans to host Open Data Day Hackathon
7 New APIs