One Diary offers a calendar API, aiming to herd those work, family, and friend calendars. Cannabuild releases API for Marijuana apps. Plus: Apigee partners with SAP for integrated management solution, and notes on the hazards of the API economy.
One Diary Saves the Day With One Calendar API
Do digital calendars mean more convenience... or more conflicts? The implied promise of digital calendars is that there are no conflicts because your calendar is in the cloud, at your side. But the reality is these have proliferated and often don't play nice together. There are calendars from Google, Microsoft and Apple, with different varieties used at work, home and by friends. The team behind One Diary has developed the One Calendar API that aims to make them all work together.
As Sam Wierema writes in The Next Web, the API features Webhooks that work with notifications:
The API currently offers support for Google Calendar, iCloud, Office 365 and Exchange. The company says more services will be added in the near future, with Outlook.com and Yahoo as primary candidates for the personal calendar market, and Sharepoint and Salesforce calendar Integration for the corporate market.
Synching happens with hastags for the relevant calendars. (As in #work, #friends, #family.) One Calendar is available in beta.
Cannabuild Sponsors Tech Startup Competition for Marijuana Industry in Denver
Cannabuild, which aims to help Marijuana distributors solve business problems, has released an API and announced a tech challenge. Apps are needed to address some unique challenges the industry faces. These include a ban on advertising on places like Facebook and Twitter, along with restrictive banking regulations making it hard operate like other businesses. As Juliet Fairley reports in MainStreet, just holding the event will serve a marketing Function:
The Denver event will focus on creating and refining digital products for the legal cannabis industry with participants pitching their marijuana tech startup or concept in two minutes.
One goal of having developers build apps is to gather feedback that will allow Cannabuild to move toward launching a cannabis information API for the general public later this fall.
API News You Shouldn't Miss
- Denver Marijuana Startup Competition Attracts Tech Talent
- Developers: The One Calendar API lets your app manage ALL the calendars
- University of Virginia Upgrades from Primo Central to EBSCO Discovery Service™ API via Blacklight
- New SmartBear Plug-In for SoapUI Pro Provides Support for Apiary’s API Blueprint
- Second du Cyber Security Conference to highlight the importance of Smart Cities and mGovernance
- $45,000 awarded to 3 winning innovations in solving social issues
- Bitcoin Block Chain Now Searchable with DuckDuckGo
- The hazards of the API economy
- Why IT Pros Should Prepare for Microsoft's Stealth Library OS
- Apigee Partners with SAP on Integrated API Management Solution
- Here are 11 of the first services to use Product Hunt’s API