Fingerprint identification for embedded platforms.
FingerCell technology is designed for embedded biometric systems developers and features compact, sensor-independent and cross-platform fingerprint recognition algorithm. It offers decent performance on various embedded devices based on low-power microcontrollers or processors. FingerCell is available for integrators as Software Development Kits (SDK) with FingerCell library or source code for developing a fast and reliable system on embedded or mobile platform.
Features and Capabilities:
- Fast performance even on low speed processors.
- Verification (1-to-1 matching) and identification (1-to-many matching) are provided.
- Compact fingerprint template and unlimited database size.
- ANSI and ISO biometric standards support.
- Cross platform algorithm with compact portable source code.
- FingerCell Demo Unit with pre-installed algorithm is optionally available.
- VeriFinger SDK for desktop and mobile platforms is optionally available.
- Reasonable prices, flexible licensing and free customer support.
After launching its public beta a year ago, SimpleGeo is making public its storage product the company is based upon. Though the company has offered a few other geo APIs in the interim, the SimpleGeo Storage API geo database solution is the only product for which it charges and it appears to have lowered the price.
GitHub, the very popular online hosting service for Git-based development projects, has released a second version of its API (our GitHub API Profile). Although the API is still in development, the various types of methods offered by the API provide a good base for developers to further integrate with GitHub.