Fingerprint identification for stand-alone or Web solutions.
VeriFinger is a fingerprint identification technology designed for biometric systems developers and integrators. The technology assures system performance with fast, reliable fingerprint matching in 1-to-1 and 1-to-many modes.
Available as a software development kit that allows development of stand-alone and Web-based solutions on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android platforms.
Features and Capabilities:
- 1500+ end-user product brands in 100+ countries used the VeriFinger algorithm over the past 21 years.
- Full NIST MINEX compliance, FpVTE and FVC awards since 2000.
- Rolled and flat fingerprint matching that is tolerant to fingerprint translation, rotation and deformation.
- Compact fingerprint template and unlimited database size.
- Available as multiplatform SDK that supports multiple scanners and multiple programming languages.
- FingerCell SDK for embedded platforms, like microcontrollers, optionally available.
With no prior warning, Twitter has changed how apps can access images sent through Twitter's Direct Message API. Twitter was unable to give prior notice for security purposes, but the changes are in effect. Twitter encourages developers who access images through the API to check their integration.
In its latest iOS update, Shazam has removed support for almost all third party SDKs. Some SDKs were removed in the latest Android update, but not nearly to the extent of the iOS move. Shazam was acquired by Apple last year, and Apple shies away from third party SDKs in general.